A Strength is something that you may have a natural predisposition towards, whereas a Skill is something that can be developed and learnt. … Or a Strength might be your ability to work well with others, whereas you might have developed Skills in working effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Strengths require a bit more reflection- what personal attributes do you have that make you a good candidate for the role? There might be specific Skills needed in the job that you don’t already have; in which case, what Strengths do you have that will help you to develop these Skills?
STRENGTHS – These strengths are also known as soft skills.
- Last a lifetime
- A talent, comes naturally
- Example: you have an eye for detail, a keen observer
- Can be taught, but forgotten if not practiced consistently
- Striving to improve an ability that can be recognised or observed
- Example: you learn how to speak another language and with practice become fluent